Thursday, September 8, 2011

Church – The Building


It all started at Mahaffey Camp. Every year of my life I go there, and I can feel God, it’s like this feeling of peace and love. Even if I started out the week not feeling Him, I could before the week was over. Now I’ve gotten to the point where I can feel Him just by taking a step into the Youth Tab, even when it’s empty; so if Mahaffey Camp only consisted of the Youth Tab I’d still be happy.

I help clean two churches a week, it was by doing that, that I realized something special about the church building. When I’m in the sanctuary, and there is no one but God and I there, I feel Him sometimes even more than I feel Him when the pews are full on Sundays, it’s like our own personal meeting. And if I want to sing, I’ll sing over the vacuum; if my thoughts are running wild or I just want to relax, I’ll listen to my iPod. And if I want to pray, I can pray with no distractions other than that small speck of dust that just won’t let go of the carpet, and I can’t help but wonder if it’s the Who’s hanging on for dear life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment