Saturday, February 15, 2014

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Ah Valentine’s Day, thank you for reminding me that I’m single… And thank you for reminding me that I’m loved and that I need to read and write more. You see, this Valentine’s Day has been a rollercoaster of emotions. This holiday has meant so much more this year than superficial love. A few days prior to the big love day, my older cousin Olivia dropped off a valentine’s gift for me. Since we are both single, she wanted to know that I was loved. It touched my heart very deeply. Honestly I’ve never received a more meaningful valentine before. You see, v-day is almost a non event where I am concerned, always has been. No boyfriend ever got me chocolates or flowers or nice jewelry, which is what it’s all about… right? Well, that’s what the stores want you to think so that you buy their products. But no, Valentines is getting the reminder that you are loved and you are important, doesn’t have to be big and extravagant. In this case I got flowers on valentines for the first time in my life with a touching note and an elephant (I loooove elephants and she remembered that). I also got reminders and gifts from a couple other friends this year which also meant a lot. My parents said that simply saying "I love you" was enough for them and they didn't do anything extravagant this year, and it was okay




Valentine’s day happens to be my Pop-pop’s birthday. Pop-pop died in 2004 so it’s been a hard holiday for some of my family members. But I find it a good time to reflect and remember him.

Some hard things happened this year. Me being miss "fix it” wants to help everyone and fix it all. It’s like everyone’s happiness depends on me. But it doesn’t some things I can’t fix and I need to step away. Maybe I should focus on getting myself together, and then things will be a little easier.

I’ve written some love poems over the years. Some happy and most of them sad. If you want to read more go here http://figment.com/users/1093-Phoebe-Frear

I've felt the need lately to show everyone dear to my heart how much I love them. It's been on my mind a lot and I don't always know how to show it. But to those people, I love you very much, you know who you are. 



These three words I'm scared to say
These three words I can't delay

These three words I paid a cost
These three words I have but lost

These three words I wish to speak
These three words I cannot keep

These three words are yours it's true
These three words are "I love you" 


No comments:

Post a Comment