Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why Is It So Good? - Introduction


We all see many movies; some good, some bad and some in between. But what makes a movie good? Why are some so successful and others not so much? Is it the quality, marketing, actors, scenery, budget, lack of vision…? It’s hard to pinpoint the exact answer to this question because not every movie is the same, and sometimes it’s a mixture of reasons. But what about this, what makes a movie good for YOU? Different people have different opinions. For example, one of my favorite movies of all time is Twister but others argue that it is a terrible movie. Why are our opinions so different?
The purpose of my new blog series “Why Is It So Good?” is to explain my personal reasons for liking/disliking a movie that I have seen. These are not typical movie reviews. Yes some of my opinions will be based on my emotions and may even be biased. However, emotions are a big part of movie making; the story should tug at your heart. This blog series will help me formulate reasons I like and dislike movies so that I can learn what to do and what not to do. Please feel free to agree/disagree or chime in your own ideas in the comments below. I appreciate the feedback.
            Let’s get rolling shall we?
            First up, Twister…

No comments:

Post a Comment